Thursday, April 1, 2010

I've been pretty lazy about updating lately, so I'm going to take a moment today (in this post) to sort of regroup: reiterate what projects are still in play, eliminate/alter existing projects, and add a project.

PROJECT 1: Piano
Going as planned, so far. Right now I'm working primarily on the Aria from Bach's Goldberg Variations. I'm also peeking ahead to Beethoven's Pathetique and doing some work on that. I've still got several Mozart pieces to learn, but Pathetique is going to be a challenge and is going to take some time. It's also a really awesome piece that's worth spending time on and perfecting.

PROJECT 2: Screenplay
Not going as planned. I have dropped the ball on this one. However, it is a project I want to finish, so I'm going to pull it together and start over on Monday (going to New Haven this weekend).

PROJECT 3: Monologues/Plays
Again, not going as planned. I've kept up with the "play" part, but I haven't learned a new monologue yet. I'm going to keep pushing ahead with this one.

PROJECT 4: The Musical
I'm going to scrap it, for now. I have to work on it independently of this blog, so I'll continue to post recordings and such, but it's not going to be a "project." I may start a project having to do with the musical later, when effort independent of a workshop is required.

NEW PROJECT
PROJECT 5: Physical Training for Acting
It has become apparent, through acting class, singing lessons, and Alexander technique, that I have a lot of physical tension that is getting in the way of my acting. So, to combat this, I am going to focus more on physical training. Yes, I'm going to try to go to the gym more, but that's more of a general health issue. I want to focus specifically on becoming more relaxed, more flexible, and more generally aware of my body. My acting teacher recommended boxing, and I have been thinking about yoga for a while. So, I'm going to start going to yoga and boxing classes at my gym. My goal is to so a class each week for both. I will do my first yoga class tomorrow. I'm not sure what to do about boxing. I don't think I'll be able to do it through my gym, so I may have to go elsewhere. More on that later. But, for now, I'm going to start with the yoga.

1 comment: