Saturday, February 20, 2010

PROJECT 1: Piano

The first project is to learn all the songs in the Casio Celviano Music Library Piano Scores. It's just a book that came with the piano that Josh and I bought when we moved in, but it's got a good collection of songs. It goes chronologically from Bach to Satie (unfortunately, nothing more modern than that). Right now I've finished Klavierbuchlein fur Anna Magdalena Bach "Menuet". I'm almost done with Invention #1 and I've started working on Invention #8.

Each time I finish a song, I will record myself playing it and then move on to the next one. I'll do a video on the Bach Menuet tonight and a video of Invention #1 in a few days.

The book has 50 songs. I wanted to finish them all by the end of the year, but that seems a little unrealistic. No need to rush it. I'm just going to keep practicing at least an hour each day and see where I get. When I'm done, maybe I'll do a little piano recital or something. But this is going to take a fair amount of time, so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment