Thursday, February 25, 2010

PROJECT 4: The Musical

So, this might be cheating a little bit, since I have to do this anyway, blog or no blog ... but maybe including it here will encourage me to record more of my work so I can upload it here.

For those who didn't know, I write music, and I'm right now doing the BMI Musical Theatre Workshop (2nd year). As part of this workshop, I'm developing a musical (with my lyricist, Billy Hipkins). It's an adaptation of the old Vincent Price movie, Theatre of Blood. If you've never seen it, it's worth checking out. Essentially, it's a campy horror flick where an old Shakespearean actor (Vincent Price) goes around killing critics ... and every death is modeled of off a death from one of Shakespeare's plays. We've written three songs (more or less) at this point, and we're beginning work on our fourth at the moment. We're presenting it to the workshop in a little over 2 weeks, so I'll try to remember to make a recording of it and upload it for your enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment