Sunday, March 7, 2010

Finally, an Update

So, I got pretty bad about updating every day this week. That being said, it may be a better idea to do fewer updates anyway. Maybe two or three times a week. The goal is to put in time on these projects every day, but there's not always anything interesting to post as an update.

So far, I'd say I've been moderately successful at doing this whole blog thing. I have been been keeping up my piano project (today was the first day I didn't get in at least 1 1/2 hours of practice ... I'm at my grandparents place for the night without my piano books, but I still managed to get some playing in). The screenplay project has been a bit more sketchy, I haven't touched that in a few days. I have read the plays (True West and Doubt, so far), so I'm keeping up with the play-reading. However, I may abandon that as a blog project, since it's really more of a guideline than a project with a finite goal. The piano and screenplay projects are good because I have defined a goal. I'll also keep the musical project, even though I have to do it anyway for BMI, because, again ... specific goal.

This post was mainly for me to think aloud. Thank you for indulging me. More updates to come (and, possibly, a couple new projects) in the next week ...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, more plays for you! Bright Room Called Day, if you haven't, you should. It's amazing. W;t, also amazing, one of my favorites. Diary of a Scoudrel, Ostrofosky, Early Russian playwright, pre-Chekhov, really funny, also The Proposal, Gogol. Never The Sinner, about the Leopold and Loeb Trial, fascinating.

    ReplyDelete